CLEAN, INSPECT, AND REPAIR
Inspect resilient mounts, bumpers, and
grommets for cuts, cracks, tears, and loss of
resilience. If parts are hard, brittle, cut
cracked, or torn, install new parts.
Clean battery box with brush dipped in mix-
ture of sodium bicarbonate. After foaming
stops, flush with clean water and dry with
Inspect battery box for dents and cracks. If
damaged beyond repair, notify direct support
Inspect frame and divider channel for dents
and cracks. If damaged beyond repair, in-
stall new part.
10. Apply epoxy coating to battery box (1).
11. If removed, install battery box cover rubber
bumpers (2) on battery box (1).
12. Install three grommets (3) on battery box
(1). Secure with three screws (4), washers
(5), washers (6), and new locknuts (7).
13. Install four resilient mounts (8) in frame
(9). Place frame in battery box (1) and se-
cure with eight washers (10) and four
screws (11). Tighten screws to 120192 lb-in
( 11322 Nm) torque. use torque wrench
Place channel divider (12) in battery frame
(9). Secure with two washers (13) and
screws (14). Tighten screws to 84120 lb-in
( 1114 Nm) torque. Use torque wrench and
Place two latches (15) on side of battery box
(1). Secure with four screws ( 16), washers
(17), and new locknuts (18).
1. Install batteries and retainers (page 13-16).
3. Start engine. Raise and lock ramp
(see your 10).
2. Install battery leads and box covers
4. Stop/shutdown engine ( see your 10 ).
END OF TASK