R E P A I R S P E E D O M E T E R C A B LE
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
See your -LO
see your -10
Engine stopped/shutdown (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Trim vane lowered (see your -10)
Power plant access door open (see your -10)
Hull front access cover removed (page 24-24)
Speedometer cable assembly removed
7. Connect speedometer cable to final drive
adapter and speedometer (page 11-17).
1. Remove gasket (1), flat washer (2), slotted
washer (3), and cable core (4) from cable
housing (5). Discard gasket and cable core.
CLEAN, INSPECT, AND REPAIR
2. Inspect cable housing. If damaged, replace
complete cable assembly (page 11-17).
Coat cable core (4) with grease
(see your -LO).
Push new cable core (4) into cable
Install new gasket (1), and flat washer (2) in
cable housing (5).
Install slotted washer (3) on cable core (4) at
final drive adapter end.
1. Install speedometer cable assembly (page
3. Close power plant access door (see your 10).
4. Raise trim vane (see your -10). END OF
2. Install hull front access cover (page 24-24).
END OF TASK