R E P L A C E G E N E R A T O R F I E L D S W I T C H
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
see your -10
Sealing compound (Item 46, App C)
Engine stopped/shutdown (see your -10)
Leads and connectors, as required
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Rear power plant access panel removed
see your -10)
R E M O V E
1. Disconnect circuit 1A/1B lead (1) from
generator field switch (2).
2. Remove switch (2) from tee (3) on secondary
fuel filter (4).
Earlier switches may have a threaded
pipe plug without a head or no plug at all.
Discard the pipe plug with the switch. Do
not reuse pipe plug because it can be
installed too deeply and short out the new
3. If replacing switch (2), remove bolt (5) and
washer (6) from side of switch (2). Discard
CLEAN, INSPECT, AND REPAIR
4. Check circuit lead. Replace worn or cracked
lead and damaged connector (page 14-3).
I N S T A LL
5. If installing a new switch (2), coat threads
on bolt (5) with sealing compound. Install
washer (6) and bolt (5) on side of switch (2).
6. Coat threads of switch with sealing com-
7. Install switch (2) on tee (3) on secondary fuel
8. Connect circuit 1A/1B lead (1) to switch (2).
1. Check operation of field switch (page 3-55).
2. Install rear power plant access panel
(see your -10).
END OF TASK