STE/ICE-R ENGINE WILL CRANK BUT WILL NOT START
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
STE/ICE-R Test Set (Item 71.1, App D)
See your -10
Engine cranks but will not start below 40°
(air box heater is used) (page 3-34)
Engine stopped (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Trim vane lowered (see your -10)
Power plant access door open (see your -10)
STE/ICE-R power hooked up (page 3-275)
STE/ICE-R engine RPM test hooked
up (page 3-277)
1. Verify that there is fuel in gas tank.
2. Bleed air out of fuel system as necessary.
3. Drain water from primary fuel filter.
4. Check for kinked, flattened, or broken fuel lines.
5. Check quick disconnect fittings for blockage in fittings.
6. Check fuel shutoff cable (page 23-44).
7. Check engine fuel pump (page 6-121).
Operation of engine with red stripe
transducer installed could damage
R e m o v e r e d
transducer before starting engine.
1. Shut off fuel (see your -10).
2. Set test select switches to 10.
3. Press and release test button.
4. Crank engine and read display.
5. Is crank speed 100 rpm or more.
1. Go to STE/ICE-R starter
2. Verify no faults found.
GO TO NEXT PAGE