Section II. EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION AND DATA
For equipment characteristics, capabilities, and features, see your -10.
LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
The major components that are connected together to form the carriers power train are:
1. Engine - 6V53 diesel (1) provides source of power.
2. Transfer gearcase (2) transfers engine power to the transmission (3).
3. Transmission (3) automatically selects (depending on range selected) correct gear based on road and load
4. Drive shaft (4) connects transmission (3) to differential (5).
5. Drive shafts (6) connect differential (5) to the left and right final drives.
6. Differential (5) steers and brakes the carrier.
7. Final drives (7) drive the track sprockets (8).
8. Sprockets (8) drive the tracks on which the carrier moves.