T U R R E T P O W E R / P R O X I M I T Y S W I T C H T R O U B L E S H O O T I N G
( M 7 4 1 A 1 O N L Y)
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
Engine stopped/shudown (see your -10)
Digital Multimeter (Item 43, App D)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Driver and cargo hatches closed
(see Your -10)
Rear compartment floor plates removed
See your -10
1. Turn MASTER SWITCH to ON (see your -10).
2. Turn TURRET POWER to ON (see your -10).
GO TO PAGE 3-170
3. Does turret power come on?
1. Move MASTER SWITCH to OFF.
2. Remove wiring harness plug (1) from slip ring jack
3. Measure resistance on terminal board TB1 (2) be-
tween terminals 1 (3) and 4 (4). Reed measure-
4. Open commanders hatch door and repeat
5. Does multimeter read 0 ohms with hatch closed and
infinity with hatch open?
1. Replace comman
2. Verify no faults found.