T R A I L E R L I G H T S D O N O T O P E R A T E
I N I T I A L S E T U P
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
See your -10
Digital Multimeter (Item 43. App D)
Engine stopped/shutdown (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
1. Operate all exterior lights (see your -10).
2. Do any exterior lights operate in any lighting
control switch positions?
1. Go to no exterior lights
operate (page 3-73).
1. Remove trailer plug from carrier trailer receptacle.
1. Troubleshoot carrier
2. Do all carrier exterior lights operate properly?
(see chapter 3).
1. Turn MASTER SWITCH to OFF.
2. Measure resistance between vehicle trailer
receptacle (1) pin L (2) and ground.
3. Does multimeter read O ohms?
1. Replace trailer receptacle
harness (page 17-2).
2. Verify no faults found.