S E R V I C E T A I L L I G H T D O E S N O T O P E R A T E
I N I T I A L S E T U P
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
Digital Multimeter (Item 43, App D)
see your -10
Engine stopped/shutdown (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
1. Operate exterior lights in all positions
(see your -10).
2. Do any exterior lights operate in any lighting
control switch positions?
1. Turn main light switch on lighting control switih
to SER DRIVE.
2. Remove rear main harness circuit 21 plug (1) from
left tail light jack (2).
3. Measure voltage between rear main harness circuit
21 plug (1) and ground.
4. Does multimeter read less than 17 volts?
1. Go to no exterior lights
operate (page 3-73).
1. Replace service tail light
bulb (page 12-13).
2. Verify no faults found.