C L E AN
I N S T A L L
You will damage the element if
you clean it in gasoline or dry
1. Install filter element in air
cleaner body. Turn the filter ele-
ment until the slot on the bottom
is between stops in the air
1. Clean filter element by jarring.
Tap sides of filter element gently
with your hands.
Drain hole in air cleaner body
must be positioned as shown to
N O TE
I f f i l t e r e l e m e n t c a n n o t be
cleaned satisfactorily by jarring,
record fault on form DA 2404
u n it
maintenance. Unit maintenance
will clean the filter element by
e i t h e r t h e r e c o m m e n d e d a ir
hose or washing method.
2. Secure air cleaner body to cover
with four latches.
3. Close power plant access door
4. Stow trim vane (page 2-217).
END OF TASK