5. From inside of track install track
pin in track pin hole. As helper
aligns track pin holes with
crowbar, lightly tap in track pin.
Drive track pin all the way
through track. use hammer.
6. Install a nut on the other end of
the track pin. Tighten both nuts
until 2 or 3 threads show
between the nuts and the ends of
the pin or about 1/8 of an inch.
Use 1/2 inch drive socket handle
and 11/16 inch socket.
7. Mark nut so unit maintenance
can torque it.
8. Remove two track fixtures. Use
1-5/16 inch open end wrench.
9. Adjust track tension (page 3-21).
10. Stow crowbar and track fixtures
on rear top deck. Stow hammer
in tool bag.
11. Unblock carrier tracks
12. Fill out DA Form 2404 to notify
unit maintenance to torque
marked track pin nut.
END OF TASK