2. Start engine (page 2-161).
3. Drive carrier to firm level ground
4. Drive carrier slowly so the track
pin to be removed is about
halfway between the first road
wheel and the drive sprocket or
halfway between the idler wheel
and fifth road wheel. Do not use
steering levers to stop carrier.
N O TE
Block track with suitable object.
5. Block track on side which is not
being broken (page 2-221).
6. Stop engine (page 2-184).
7. Release track tension all the way
on track to be broken
You could be in-
j u r e d i f
s w i n g s o u t a nd
bits you. Do not
stand in front of
8. Install two track fixture across
the pin to be removed. Tighten
track fixtures to about a 20
degree angle between the shoes
to be disconnected. There should
be about 2 inches between the
fixture.6 and the track at the pin.
Use 1-5/16 inch open end
GO TO NEXT PAGE
3 - 25