A D J U S T T R A C K T E N S I O N
Drive Bin Bunch (Item 29, App B)
Grease Gun (Item 18, App B)
Open End Wrench, 5/8 inch
(Item 40, App B)
Track and Sprocket Gage
(Item 17, App B)
Engine stopped (page 2-184)
1. Start engine (page 2-161).
2. Drive carrier slowly to firm level
ground (page 2-176).
3. Let carrier coast to a stop. Do
not use steering levers to stop
4. Stop engine (page 2-184).
Either drive pin punch or track
and sprocket gage may be used
to check track tension. If using
drive pin punch, do steps 5 and
6. If using track and sprocket
gage, do steps 7 and 8.
5. To check track tension using
drive pin punch, insert drive pin
punch between top of number two
road wheel and bottom of track.
If drive pin punch can be
inserted freely and track touches
top of number three road wheel,
track tension is correct.
6. If drive pin punch can be
inserted freely hut track does not
touch top of number three road
wheel, track tension is too tight.
Loosen track tension, see step
10. If drive pin punch cannot be
inserted freely, track tension is
too loose. Tighten track tension,
see step 9.
GO TO NEXT PAGE