REPLACE CARGO AREA HEATER FUEL LINES, FITTINGS AND SHIELDS Continued
12. Remove two elbows (17 and 20) and unions (27) from fuel pump (28).
Heat shield insulation may contain asbestos. Inhaled asbestos dust can cause permanent lung
damage. Wear a filter mask approved for asbestos protection and rubber gloves during
handling of asbestos. Wash skin and clothing with soap and water after handling asbestos.
Dispose of asbestos material in accordance with approved hazardous waste disposal procedures.
13. Remove 4 lock nuts (29), screws (30), 12 washers (31), and shield (32) from cargo cover. Discard lock nuts.
14. Remove six lock nuts (33), washers (34), screws (35), clamps (36), and guard (15) from six clamps (37). Discard lock
1. Apply a light coat of sealing compound to tapered pipe fittings.
2. Apply a light coat of antiseize compound to straight threaded fittings.