INTRODUCTION TO HOW TO USE TROUBLESHOOTINGContinued
Locating the Correct Troubleshooting Procedure
(1) Carrier arrives at shop.
(2) Read DA form 2404.
(3) Verify that the problem on DA form 2404 exists.
(4) Look up the carrier symptom in Troubleshooting Task Index, (WP 0006 00), in this chapter and go to that task.
Doing the Troubleshooting Procedure
(1) Make sure you have all items in INITIAL SETUP.
(2) Perform required action(s) in Equipment Conditions.
(3) Complete the first block of task steps.
(4) Refer to system schematic or diagram for system components, detail, and clarification.
(5) Answer the question at the bottom of the first block.
(6) Follow YES or NO arrows to the next block.
(7) Move from block to block. Answer questions and follow instructions. You may be directed to:
do further checks and tests on parts;
go to another manual and do tasks;
or go to another task in this manual.
After completing the actions called for on another page or manual, return to the point in the
troubleshooting procedure where you left off.
(8) Locate the fault in the carrier or part and perform the corrective action.
(9) Check to make sure fault is corrected and no new faults are found.
(10) Button up by installing items in Equipment Conditions after finishing the troubleshooting task.