SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIEL Continued
Remove equipment packages from cargo compartment. Packages contain cab cover, windshield, side door windows, on
vehicle equipment (OVE), cargo cover, and, if so equipped, vehicle compartment heater kit defroster duct, machine gun
mount kit, and material handling (hoist) kit.
Remove tape seals from exhaust outlet and engine air intake, oil filler cap, and oil dipstick.
Install air cleaner hose on engine air intake (WP 0153 00) or (WP 0159 00).
Check tension on drive belts for generator (WP 0241 00) or (WP 0245 00), fan and coolant pump (WP 0252 00).
Unpack batteries. Add electrolyte to batteries TM 9-6140-200-14 to 3/8 inch (9 mm) above bottom plates (about 2
gallons (8 liters) each). Install two batteries for M548A1 (WP 0290 00) and four batteries for M548A3 (WP 0293 00) in
carrier battery compartment.
Unpack windshield and side door windows. Install windshield on carrier (WP 0392 00). Install side door windows on
drivers cab doors (WP 0387 00).
Unpack windshield wiper blades and arms with attaching nuts. Install blades and arms on carrier (WP 0422 00).
10. Unpack exhaust pipe. Install pipe on exhaust muffler outlet (WP 0209 00) or (WP 0210 00).
11. Remove tape and paper wrappings from seat cushions and backrests.
12. Remove wire cloth screens from access and drain openings in hull. Install drain plugs, float valves, drain covers, and hull
bottom access cover (WP 0383 00).
13. Unpack cab cover, left and right side frames, and rear crossbow. Install cover, frames, and crossbow on carrier
(WP 0418 00).
14. Unpack and inventory basic issue items (BII) (see your -10). Record any missing or damaged items and stow BII on
15. If equipped (M548A1), unpack vehicle compartment heater kit defroster duct. Install defroster duct in carrier
(WP 0432 00).
16. If equipped (M548A1), unpack machine gun mount kit. Install gun mount on carrier (WP 0513 00), (WP 0514 00), or
(WP 0515 00).
17. Unpack towing hooks. Install hooks on towing eyes (WP 0376 00).
18. Unpack towing pintle. Install pintle on carrier tailgate (WP 0377 00).
19. Unpack cargo covers and bows. Install them over cargo compartment (WP 0417 00).
20. If equipped (M548A1), unpack material handling kit. Install hoist kit in cargo compartment (WP 0482 00).
21. Remove preservative coating from outer moving parts on winch (M548A1). Use cleaning compound
(WP 0542 00, Item 9).
22. Clean pivot steering brake disks. Use cleaning compound (WP 0542 00, Item 9).
23. Perform Before PMCS (see your -10).
24. Check operation of all controls (see your -10).
25. Perform complete lube (WP 0128 00).
26. Start and run engine (see your -10). Check for oil leaks. Disregard smoky exhaust for first few minutes of operating.
Some rust preventive fuel will be in the system when engine is started. It will burn along with the regular fuel.