SERVICE AND/OR PARKING BRAKE WILL NOT HOLD CARRIER (M548A3)
Tools and Special Tools
General Mechanics Tool Kit (WP 0541 00, Item 57)
See your -10
Engine stopped (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Cab floor plates raised (WP 0395 00)
Carrier may move forward. Personnel may be injured or killed.
Keep personnel away from front of carrier.
1. Start engine (see your -10).
2. Release parking brake.
3. Fully depress service brake pedal.
4. Shift transmission selector to 1-4 positions.
5. Depress accelerator fully or until carrier begins to move.
6. Release accelerator and stop engine.
7. Did carrier move forward?
1. Adjust parking brake (WP 0345 00).
2. Verify no faults found.