START ENGINE (M548A3) Continued
15. With foot off throttle pedal, press and hold both START and air box heater switches for approximately 45 seconds.
Release air box heater switch or engine will not run.
16. After the forty-five seconds of prestart, release air box heater switch and depress foot throttle approximately halfway.
17. If engine starts, release START switch. Immediately adjust engine speed to 1,8002,000 rpm and set hand throttle. Go to
18. If engine does not start, return foot throttle to idle position. Press and hold both START and air box heater switches.
19. Hold air box heater switch for 10 seconds, then release for 34 seconds. Engine should start within two of these attempts.
20. If engine does not start, release air box heater and START switches. Notify unit maintenance that air box heater and/or
engine should be checked.
21. Check that low pressure engine oil warning light goes OFF within 10 seconds after engine starts.
22. Check that BATT GEN indicator points to green zone.
23. Run engine at 1,8002,000 rpm for about 5 minutes or until engine coolant gauge indicates 185
24. Set hand throttle to run engine at idle speed (600650 rpm).
25. Do During (D) Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (WP 0057 00).
END OF TASK